Catalyst offers Samba support and development services, with a special focus on the Samba Active Directory Domain Controller. We use Samba and other tools to integrate our solutions with enterprise networks built on Microsoft's Windows to enable seamless interoperability.
Catalyst provides services across the full breath of Samba's capabilities.
What we offer
- We provide advice on how best to integrate Samba and Samba-based devices into Active Directory Domains.
- We support Samba appliance vendors, including NAS vendors, with 3rd level support expertise to back-stop customer support responsibilities, including both file server and authentication features.
- We advise Samba vendors on bug-fixes and features as they are developed upstream, and back-porting as required.
- We custom develop new Samba features, such as the integration of new products, and the extension of Samba's core functionality.
- We implement Samba's Active Directory Domain Controller on new platforms and devices.
Deployment and ongoing support
- We support organisations directly implementing the "Samba4" Active Directory Domain Controller.
- We guide upgrades from Samba 3.x domains to the Samba Active Directory Domain Controller of Samba 4.x, including consultation on upgrades from the OpenLDAP backend of Samba's 'classic' DC architecture.
Our ongoing support services are backed by a Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Andrew Bartlett leads our Samba consultancy group and more than ten years experience on the Samba Team. Andrew has been a key developer on the "Samba4" Active Directory Domain Controller project since its inception in 2005, through to its production release in Samba 4.0 and beyond. Andrew's in-depth knowledge of Kerberos and NTLM authentication and the interactions with Active Directory extends back over a decade to the first development releases of Samba 3.x.
We can integrate all Catalyst's products and services with Windows and Active Directory based networks including:
- Enterprise Content Management services based on the Drupal platform
- Moodle Learning Management System
Talks to us about your Samba support and development needs.