Catalyst Cloud are the cloud of Aotearoa. Our mission is to enable the growth of New Zealand's digital economy with state of the art cloud services delivered onshore.
We are looking for a junior cloud engineer to join our team in our Auckland office to help us maintain and run New Zealand’s first public cloud. As a Junior Customer Support Engineer, you will help organisations of all sizes to succeed with their use of the Catalyst Cloud. You will guide them in their transition to the cloud, ensuring they adhere to best practices and resolving technical impediments that prevent growth.
You will be surrounded by open source technologists with roots firmly established in the FOSS world. Our cloud services hold true to this ethos with its open standard APIs and entirely open source backed infrastructure.
Whether it be on the phone, presenting in person or possibly even teaching in the classroom, your main role is to help customers to succeed with their use of the Catalyst Cloud. To do so you will need to be comfortable wearing many hats, ranging from providing professional services and support to customers to presenting alongside your sales colleagues. As part of your job, you will be exposed to and learn about emerging technologies and use cases people have for cloud computing.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Assisting to resolve technical obstacles that prevent customers from growing and succeeding with the cloud.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with our cloud services
- Delivering professional services and support to customers
- Assisting to develop best practice recommendations, documentation, tutorials, reference architectures, example code, blog articles, training and technical presentations.
- On-boarding new customers in a timely manner.
For this role, we are looking for previous experience with or an interest in any of the following:
- Cloud platform: OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure
- Automation tools: Ansible, Terraform, OpenStack Heat, Cloudformation
- Scripting languages such as Python, BASH or similar.
Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential as you’ll be working with a range of both clients and colleagues.
Being a good employer is really important to us. We make sure our staff have all of the support they need to grow their skills. We get together every Friday afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the achievements of our staff.
We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities, and a great waterfront location.
If this sounds like you please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: https://www.catalyst.net.nz/content/catalyst-diversity-policy