Catalyst Cloud's mission is to enable the growth of New Zealand's digital economy with state of the art cloud infrastructure and platform services delivered onshore.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our team and work in either our Wellington or our Auckland office. You should have broad technical experience, excellent communication and organisational skills. You will engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, helping them to succeed with the Catalyst Cloud.
You will guide customers in their transition to the cloud, ensuring they adhere to best practices and resolving technical impediments that prevent growth.
As part of your job, you will be exposed to and learn the latest tools and use cases people have for cloud computing. If you are a fast-paced learner and enjoy solving challenges, you will no doubt find a lot of satisfaction in this role.
You will be surrounded by open source technologists with roots firmly established in the FOSS world. Our cloud services hold true to this ethos with its open standard APIs and entirely open source backend infrastructure.
- Own the technical aspects of product briefings, proof-of-concepts, proposals and coordination of other technical resources.
- Resolve obstacles that prevent customers from using and succeeding with the Catalyst Cloud.
- Develop best practice recommendations, documentation, tutorials, reference architectures, and example code.
- Collaborate with cloud engineers to influence the product roadmap, based on customer needs, feature gaps and product issues.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer facing technical role (such as professional services or pre-sales).
- Ability to learn emerging technologies fast and apply them to solve concrete problems.
- Excellent presentation skills, written and oral communication style should be of the highest quality.
- Comfortable discussing technical challenges and business issues with technical and business people.
- Available to travel for meetings, conferences and onsite delivery activities.
In regards to technology, this is the sort of experience we are looking for on your CV:
- Experience with cloud computing: OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure.
- Automation toolsets: Ansible, Terraform, OpenStack Heat, Cloudformation.
- Scripting languages: Python, bash or similar.
Being a good employer is really important to us. We pay our staff a fair wage and make sure they have any support they need to grow their skills. We get together every Friday afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the achievements of our staff. We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities, and a great central location.
If this sounds like you please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please also include links to any public work you're happy to showcase.
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: https://www.catalyst.net.nz/content/catalyst-diversity-policy