The name Catalyst conveys the quality of our service, helping you get the performance you want from your solutions. We have grown through long-term commitment to our clients, a culture of collaboration and our passionate belief that open source software delivers significant benefits.
We're creative, collaborative thinkers that deliver on plan and on time
Solving complex business problems with smart technology solutions.
Open Source Academy
The Academy is a Catalyst initiative designed to provide training and work experience for young New Zealand technologists.
Catalyst is passionate about blogging about all things open source.
At Catalyst, free and open source is not just what we do – it's what we stand for. We're creative, collaborative thinkers and doers, solving complex business problems with smart technology solutions.
Life at Catalyst
Catalyst is proud of cultivating a unique working environment ideally suited to talented, creative and committed individuals.
We're advocates of the benefits open source technology can deliver to our clients. Open source means freedom from licence fees, freedom from vendor lock-in and, most importantly, freedom to innovate:
- Enterprise solutions: We have been providing mission-critical business systems based on open source technologies for public and private sector organisations for over 20 years;
- Software development: Adding business value by developing unique, innovative, scalable, business critical software solutions is at the core of Catalyst's service offerings;
- IT Consulting: We can help your organisation make the most of what is available, for both your immediate and longer-term needs;
- CMS: Catalyst has proven expertise in Drupal and Silverstripe content management systems.
Solutions tailored for you
We tailor solutions and make the hard stuff look easy, but we don't own the software, you do:
- Since 1997, Catalyst has been dedicated to using the world’s best open source software and tools;
- Catalyst is passionate about blogging about all things open source;
- At Catalyst, free and open source is not just what we do – it's what we stand for;
- Our Directors are committed to continuing our excellent track record for service delivery.
Life at Catalyst
Catalyst is proud of cultivating a unique working environment for our talented, creative and committed team members:
- As a responsible employer working across global open source communities, diversity and inclusion are important at Catalyst;
- We have many traditions, such as Pizza Thursday, which is a chance for team members to showcase their technical interests and project achievements;
- At Catalyst, our clients are our priority. Our team members take responsibility seriously - excellent communication underpins the success of every project;
- Catalyst encourages a creative culture, innovative open source software solutions is at the forefront of our endeavours.